SportsRandom

Reading sports blogs has ruined sports for me. Just like becoming a cop ruined cop shows for me. I used to enjoy watching and reading about sports. Now I watch hoping someone will screw up, or do something strange, so I can rip them. First in my own mind... now in a blog of my own, so I can talk about whatever I please. Here's hoping I can contribute to someone else looking for all the fault in the world surrounding the sports we love.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Pick-em results post

How many people actually own up to their picks, bad ones anyway. I will be totally honest: As of right now, I do not know how I did. I was busy this weekend and did not follow the results, except the 49er, Raider, and Pats/Colts contests. And I think I picked all three wrong. But I'm going to check the scoreboard and recaps now, and here we go....

Green Bay at Buffalo - RIGHT
"So Buffalo should win..."
Wow, they did. More points than I thought, but I was right about Green Bay being bad.

Miami at Chicago - WRONG
"...Miami was the last undefeated team and the last time they played an undefeated Chicago squad, in 1985, Miami won. So this year, my choice is too easy. Chicago in a walk."
I so should have ended that thought after the first sentence. But really, did anyone outside of Dade County pick this one?

Atlanta at Detroit - WRONG
"...Detroit will not win this one."
Wow. Two pretty much major upsets in a row. One a week, maybe. Two. Odd. Detroit at least was the home team, and I guess they had some home cooking mojo going. If I knew anything, I might have seen this coming. I just had no idea Atlanta would forget to put their defense on the plane.

Kansas City at St. Louis - RIGHT
"...and Larry Johnson is on my fantasy team. I pick KC."
Yeah, and Larry goes for 172 and a TD!!!! I still needed more, KC had enough.

Houston at NY Giants - RIGHT
"But the Giants win this one..."
Yes, they did. Had to rally late, and Eli (and Toomer) killed my fantasy team.


New Orleans at Tampa Bay - RIGHT
"...its too much Saintliness."
Solid pick, solid win for the Saints. Brees was on my fantasy bench. He won't be next week.

Dallas at Washington - RIGHT
"Dallas will lose."
I nailed this one. Even a bizarre ending works out for my astute forecasting. And the guy I won't mention drops a pass that is key in the Dallas loss. Extra sweet.

Tennessee at Jacksonville - RIGHT
"...three things push this one to Jax."
Again, as if I need to tout my wisdom, Jax blew them away. I will be uploading my next picks post from a Vegas sports book!!!

Cincinnati at Baltimore - RIGHT
"The pick is the Ravens."
Regardless of WHY I picked the Ravens, I did. And you don't need to re-read the original post to find out why. It does raise an interesting question. If your instinct is right, but you just can't express the feeling, does it matter in the end?

Minnesota at San Francisco - WRONG
"I still think the Niners can win this game. They are at home. And they really conserved their energy last week against the Bears. They can win, but they won't."
Here we go again. When I really think about it, I end up being wrong. Minnesota's O clearly joined Atlanta's D at that vacation resort this week. Please, the Niners score 9 and win? Add the Vikings to the list of teams that suck when it really matters.

Denver at Pittsburgh - RIGHT
"This one is Denver. Easily."
Pittsburg is horrid, so this was an easy pick. Thankfully Denver put their whole team on the flight to Pittsburg, not that they needed to.

Cleveland at San Diego - RIGHT
"...the Chargers have LT2...Yes, Chargers take this one."
Closer than I would have guessed, except I don't pick scores. I still feel bummed because my fantasy opponent had LT2 (and Javon Walker of Denver).

Indianapolis at New England - WRONG
"So figure the Pats, especially at home, to control this game from the start. The score may not be a blowout, but you'll know who's in control from the start and never doubt the outcome."
Oops, I missed it. Indy is on fire, and Brady chose this one to stink.

Oakland at Seattle - RIGHT
"Ummm, Seattle in this one."
On the bright side for Raider fans, they doubled their offensive yardage to 185. No points is a bit of a downer. Who could score in that driving rain, though. I know Seattle did, but they were opposed by the Raider defense so its not a fair comparison.

Hey, not bad. I did get the Raider game right. I go 10 and 4. And really, three of my losses were pretty major upsets. I'll even it up next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home