SportsRandom

Reading sports blogs has ruined sports for me. Just like becoming a cop ruined cop shows for me. I used to enjoy watching and reading about sports. Now I watch hoping someone will screw up, or do something strange, so I can rip them. First in my own mind... now in a blog of my own, so I can talk about whatever I please. Here's hoping I can contribute to someone else looking for all the fault in the world surrounding the sports we love.

Monday, November 27, 2006

The nightmare that was my picks

This is going to be cool. Not the recap of what I think is a poor week of picking, but I'm writing this as the Monday Night game is about to begin. And its snowing in Green Bay. Snowy games are fun. So as I write, I may throw in an observation or two along the way. If so, they'll get stuck here, before the recap. Don't get confused.

The snow is actually falling in Seattle. I am flabbergasted. When I saw snow, I assumed Green Bay. Sorry.

Snow may make this game worth watching. Especially if you like interceptions.

If you don't really listen to what Joe Theisman is saying, he sounds really smart.

"Run the ball? Lets try that, shall we. And look, now we are winning" - Mike Holmgren

Sideline reporter seems confused that a player became dehydrated...because it is cold. I'm confused because they claim he had an IV because of it and is back play in five minutes.

ESPN needs to stop having guests come into the booth. Every week they get someone better than the guys doing the game. This idea is making it really obvious that they could do better.

The results:

Miami at Detroit - CORRECT
"Yes, Miami will go on the road, on a major holiday, and beat Detroit."
Good start. I seem to have a good sense of Miami right now. Gotta ride that feeling.

Tampa Bay at Dallas - WRONG
"I just want Tampa to win sooooo badly. I think they deserve it because they try hard and when they are losing, we have see "Gruden Face" for three hours. Not a good Thanksgiving meal appetizer. Go Tampa Bay!"
It was ALL Gruden face in this one.

Denver at Kansas City - WRONG
"To put it simply, the Denver Horsies will win this game."
To put it complicatedly, there was a change in philosophy with the coaching mechanisms deep within the heartfelt stereotypical playcalling of the outcome based ramifications of such, and thusly, I was misled in where I should lean my positivity laden victorious suggestion. Yeah, I screwed up.

New Orleans at Atlanta - CORRECT
"Atlanta's struggles won't allow for victory. New Orleans takes it."
Atlanta's struggles were demonstrated by their QB's double-middle finger salute to the fans.

Jacksonville at Buffalo - WRONG
"Jacksonville to win."
Well, I'm having a bad week. But Jacksonville certainly feels worse after coughing away this one to Buffalo.

Cinci at Cleveland - CORRECT
"No challenge, Go Cinci."
I nailed it. Shut 'em out! I'm feelin' Cinci!!!

San Francisco at St. Louis - WRONG
"Normally I would give the edge to even a struggling St Louis at home against the Niners. The Niners only road win was against Detroit..."
I should have stopped right there. But not me. I overthink, I second guess, and I actually do this for the first time this year: "The pick is the 49ers."
Bad picker. I need to be punished.

Arizona at Minnesota - CORRECT
"Stinker of the week...Minnesota wins this one."
Man the Vikings tried to lose this one, but Arizona is still weeks away from becoming less "Arizona-like" as the young star QB keeps learning. Once the QB is solid, all they need is the rest of a team.

Houston at NY Jets - CORRECT
"Jets to win."
The Jets are a game over .500. In the NFC, they'd be a playoff team. In the AFC, they're in the thick of the also-rans. Clearly I knew they'd beat the Astros... er, Texans.

Carolina at Wash. - WRONG
"Wash. is horrible, Carolina is good. I refuse to spell out Wash. until they rejoin the NFL. Carolina wins it."
Carolina got washed and dried and folded and put away in the closet. They should hide there until we all forget what we just saw from them.

Pittsburgh at Baltimore - WRONG
"Pittsburgh wins this one"
Pittsburgh was on a roll coming into this one. I'm not sure if the result shows how strong Baltimore is, or how wrong I was. Yeah, I'm wrong either way, but whichever way makes me seem less wrong, think that.

Oakland at San Diego - CORRECT
"Oakland will not win."
The referee clearly picked San Diego on his blog, too.

NY Giants at Tennessee - WRONG
"The Giants are hurting... Despite the troubles for the Giants, they still have enough to win this one."
Okay, you gotta admit, I looked right on this one. Giants up 21-0 in the fourth quarter. I even started bragging about my superior foresight. But once again, I should have stopped after my first sentence. Too bad the Giants couldn't have stopped after 3 quarters.

Chicago at New England - CORRECT
"New England has what it takes right now to take down Chicago and prove the AFC supremacy. New England to win."
That's what I said, and that's what this one was. A strange way to go about it, but if one of the factors to use in judging good teams is who wins a 9 turnover game, the the Pats show again that the AFC is way ahead right now.

Philly at Indy - CORRECT
"Indy wins."
Too easy. Can't wait to see who falls down in front of Indy next week.

Green Bay at Seattle - CORRECT
"Seattle wins."
Snow was cool. Yeah. Remind me later, in snow games, pick the team that can run, and if equal in that, pick the team that can stop the run.

Whew, comeback at the end. Just like Seattle. And Tennessee. 9 and 7 for the week, making me 35 and 25 on the experiment. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home