SportsRandom

Reading sports blogs has ruined sports for me. Just like becoming a cop ruined cop shows for me. I used to enjoy watching and reading about sports. Now I watch hoping someone will screw up, or do something strange, so I can rip them. First in my own mind... now in a blog of my own, so I can talk about whatever I please. Here's hoping I can contribute to someone else looking for all the fault in the world surrounding the sports we love.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thursday game?

I don't like this Thursday game stuff. Just a gimmick to push NFL Network. Late season Saturdays are ok, but Thursday comes too quick, and then there's three days to wait for the rest of the games. Dumb. Besides, isn't there a distinct advantage for the next game to the teams playing Thursday? Both Thursday teams have to play on short rest, so no advantage, but they both get long rest before playing the next game, likely against an opponent on normal rest. I don't like this one bit.

So now there may be weeks where I simply ignore the Thursday game for a pick. Out of spite or because I forgot. Either way...Damn you NFL!

I'll pick this week's because it should be a good game (I may not watch it anyway because I never miss the King of Queens/Friends/Seinfeld re-runs). I may even re-cap the pick and add it to my total record before the rest of the games just to streamline to whole blogging process.

Baltimore at Cincy
Would I be surprised if Cincy (formerly known as Cinci) beats a division opponent at home, especially based on the way they have been playing? Nope. Now in the spirit of last week's picks, I should stop after my first thought and pick Cincy. But I never learn, or at least it takes me more than that to learn sometimes, so I still have to think that the way Baltimore has been playing is just that much more impressive than Cincy. I am not knocking Cincy here. There is a difference between a 49er 3 game winning streak and a Cincy streak (which is only 2 games, I know). Just as there is a difference between having the Rams as you next opponent and having the Ravens. What is the same, is the loss looming to end your streak. Baltimore is too strong right now to pick against. Its really that simple (there I go again using that word).

Baltimore could possibly win the game. I sound so confident, don't I? That is pretty weak. I'll try again: Baltimore WILL win this game!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home