SportsRandom

Reading sports blogs has ruined sports for me. Just like becoming a cop ruined cop shows for me. I used to enjoy watching and reading about sports. Now I watch hoping someone will screw up, or do something strange, so I can rip them. First in my own mind... now in a blog of my own, so I can talk about whatever I please. Here's hoping I can contribute to someone else looking for all the fault in the world surrounding the sports we love.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Fifth try at picks, the recap.

Baltimore at Cincy - WRONG
"Baltimore WILL win this game!"
I was sure of myself. Not at first, so I should have stayed with the old first instinct again. Who knew Cincy had a defense?

San Diego at Buffalo - CORRECT
"San Diego will win this game"
Maybe my problem is overconfidence? Yeah, San Diego won, but barely.

Minnesota at Chicago - CORRECT
"Chicago wins"
Come playoff time, Chicago will need an offense. Remember that. You can't count on special teams and defensive touchdowns in the playoffs.

Kansas City at Cleveland - WRONG
"KC will win this game."
I said "will" again. Two out of three "will" games are losers and the third was too close.

NY Jets at Green Bay - CORRECT
"I will not fall for my own second thoughts again. Jets will win."
Finally I listened to myself. It paid off.

Indy at Tennessee - WRONG
"This should be one of the easier picks of the week. Should be. But Vince Young is starting to look like the unbeatable dude he was at college, and you can't seriously think to pick against a guy like that. Right? However, this is Indy. Cream of the crop. Top of the mark. Pick of the litter. Tennessee, and Vince, have not yet proved that they have reached that level of "can beat anyone". Until they do (maybe after this one) I gotta go with Indy to win."
Again I must torture myself by repeating my logic. When will I learn? I really wanted to pick Tennessee but sort of talked myself out of it. No more. Tennessee is now a team to reckon with, and Indy is NOT immune to losing at any time.

Arizona at St. Louis - WRONG
"St. Louis will win."
I said WILL again, didn't I?

Detroit at New England - CORRECT
"New England will win"
Ok, thank you Detroit for sucking so much. I said "will" and again, even though I got it right, it far closer than it should have been. "Should", now there's a word I should ...will... use more often.

San Francisco at New Orleans - CORRECT
"Therefore, New Orleans will win this game."
A "will" pick that was right on the money. Its about time.

Atlanta at Washington - WRONG
"Stinker of the week? ... Washington will win."
My picks are the stinker of the week.

Houston at Oakland - WRONG
"I gotta go Raiders in this one."
Seriously, the Raiders held Houston to NEGATIVE passing yards. And lost. From now on, if something is so bad you cannot compare it to anything to make someone understand just HOW BAD it is... call it Raider Bad.

Jacksonville at Miami - WRONG
"I look deeper. I pick Miami."
What was I looking deeper into?

Dallas at NY Giants - WRONG
"The Giants have been stinking up the joint lately... the Giants, I think, really should win, because they really need to."
And I do believe I have lost all confidence in the Giants now. And I do believe I have missed EVERY Dallas game so far. Hatred hurts.

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh - WRONG
"And the 10 year old says: Tampa Bay."
I swear I would have picked the Steelers.

Seattle at Denver - CORRECT
"I do believe Seattle will win."
I do believe I got another one right, surprising even myself at this point.

Carolina at Philadelphia - WRONG
"Until further notice, Philly will not win (without McNabb and all), unless they play Detroit or Oakland. Carolina is not Detroit or Oakland. All I have to say is this: Hey, Carolina, get off your asses and play some football, will ya. You are better than, um... losing to Washington! Gee whiz. Carolina to win."
My punishment...here is my logic again. This is why I do not bet on football.

Well now, 5 weeks of this? I'm 41 and 35, which for just picking winners is not too hot. I may continue to embarrass myself doing this. I may just pick opposite how I would pick if I was trying to pick the winner just for fun. In any event, one of these days I'm going to have a perfect week and don't you want to be there to witness it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home