SportsRandom

Reading sports blogs has ruined sports for me. Just like becoming a cop ruined cop shows for me. I used to enjoy watching and reading about sports. Now I watch hoping someone will screw up, or do something strange, so I can rip them. First in my own mind... now in a blog of my own, so I can talk about whatever I please. Here's hoping I can contribute to someone else looking for all the fault in the world surrounding the sports we love.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Picks of mine

Here's hoping the rest are better than the Thursday one:

San Diego at Buffalo
San Diego is much better. Even on the road, in the snow (if there is snow) San Diego is better. San Diego will win this game or step one in the road to the end will be achieved.

Minnesota at Chicago
Chicago is like the best team in the NFC, if only by default at this point. But no matter, they are at home against a crappy team. Time to clinch the division? Chicago wins, or step two in the road to the end will be achieved.

Kansas City at Cleveland
Kansas City was shaky last week. And the week before. Cleveland was worse than horrible against Cincy. Not quite a stinker, because KC is still at least decent. And KC will win this game.

NY Jets at Green Bay
Ok, this one baffles me, I'll admit it. I really want to pick the Jets. They've been good on the road, Green Bay really bad at home. Favre is two years past useful at this point. I think the Jets QB is Chad Pennington, and I really hate the name Chad, but Chad trumps Brett at this point. I really want to pick the Jets. And since that is my first though, I will pick the Jets. I will not try to rationalize picking the Packers. I will not fall for my own second thoughts again. Jets will win.

Indy at Tennessee
This should be one of the easier picks of the week. Should be. But Vince Young is starting to look like the unbeatable dude he was at college, and you can't seriously think to pick against a guy like that. Right? However, this is Indy. Cream of the crop. Top of the mark. Pick of the litter. Tennessee, and Vince, have not yet proved that they have reached that level of "can beat anyone". Until they do (maybe after this one) I gotta go with Indy to win.

Arizona at St. Louis
This one has the makings of the stinker of the week. The makings only, but its not THE stinker. You'll see. The key to picking this one is "AT ST. LOUIS". Its the only factor that I can take seriously. Arizona's only hope would be a pumped up Matt Leinart, but after USC's choke job to UCLA, Leinart will likely spend Saturday night lying drunk in a gutter. St. Louis will win.

Detroit at New England
New England will win or step three in the road to the end will be achieved. And every Patriot fan will implode. And the earth will reverse on its axis and destroy all life upon its surface.

San Francisco at New Orleans
Not quite as easy to pick as the game above, but New Orleans is WAYYYYYY better than the Niners. Really. This does have the makings of one of those "emerging team shocks the world by beating wayyyyy better team" games.... again, the makings, but not all the fixin's. Therefore, New Orleans will win this game.

Atlanta at Washington
Stinker of the week? Again, not quite able to make that claim. As bad as Washington is, Atlanta has crashed into a wall. Washington has the New QB smell coming off a win. That bodes well for them. Until Atlanta proves wrong the late year collapse theory, I gotta pick against them. Washington will win.

Houston at Oakland
Stinker of the week, part one. This one has the makings, the fixin's, and the whole ball of wax. Part one only because its not the only game that can make that claim this week. Houston's a little better. Oakland is at home. Hey, check this out. Oakland fired their offensive coordinator. Me thinks the new guy is going to want to prove himself right off the bat. Expect some new things from Oakland. Like SCORING. I gotta go Raiders in this one.

Jacksonville at Miami
I look at this game and see teams going in opposite directions. Miami is on a "can't pick against them" roll, and Jacksonville just lost to Buffalo (and they have a habit of losing to sub-.500 teams in general). If you only look at records, you'd pick Jax. I look deeper. I pick Miami.

Dallas at NY Giants
The Giants have been stinking up the joint lately. Dallas has been rolling along just fine with Romo under center (and over Jessica Simpson, perhaps?). How can you root against that guy? Well, I have no issue with Romo, except that he plays for Dallas, and that's not really all his fault. Not now, anyway (but save yourself Romo, first chance you get, get out of Dallas). So this game really becomes a HUGE one for the Giants. If they lose it, their season may very well be over. But rally around each other (and stop bitching about each other to the media), especially rally around your fragile QB, and show everyone that you are still a team to fear. I just saw the U of Florida's QB throw an interception on an attempted shovel pass to a guy 10 feet from him, and I never imagined a QB doing that badly, so unless Eli starts getting even worse and doing things like that, the Giants, I think, really should win, because they really need to.

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh
Stinker of the week, part two. Someone will win only because someone has to. No, I am not going to predict a tie again (that was a joke and it cost ME a chance at a win). I am above picking the winner of a second certified stinker in the same week, so I am allowing a 10 year old who knows nothing about football the chance to pick it. And the 10 year old says: Tampa Bay.

Seattle at Denver
Sweet game here. Seattle is hoping for snow. So far, they're the only team to win a game in snow this year. Denver has chosen to switch to a new QB. Mr. Jay Cutler. Worrisome, but those first time QBs often tear it up in their first start. Or do they choke, gag, and puke on the sideline? A lot of times, a brand new QB entering DURING a game for the first time thrives because the opponent was not planning for his "style", but that next game, when the opponent can prepare, and has something to view to plan against, then is not the shining moment for that new guy. I'm going to take half of this, the part about Seattle being able to plan for Cutler, and assume that they are going to do the smart thing and confuse him, show him things he has never seen, and generally kick his butt. I do believe Seattle will win.

Carolina at Philadelphia
Until further notice, Philly will not win (without McNabb and all), unless they play Detroit or Oakland. Carolina is not Detroit or Oakland. All I have to say is this: Hey, Carolina, get off your asses and play some football, will ya. You are better than, um... losing to Washington! Gee whiz. Carolina to win.

See you on Sunday (or Monday, or Tuesday.................)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home