SportsRandom

Reading sports blogs has ruined sports for me. Just like becoming a cop ruined cop shows for me. I used to enjoy watching and reading about sports. Now I watch hoping someone will screw up, or do something strange, so I can rip them. First in my own mind... now in a blog of my own, so I can talk about whatever I please. Here's hoping I can contribute to someone else looking for all the fault in the world surrounding the sports we love.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

No picks

The title of the post is the hope of Bears fans everywhere. I am not picking the games this weekend. I am simply going to express my feelings about who I want to win the games. Lets start with the early one.

ARSENAL v. ManU
No question my loyalties lie with Arsenal. Recent events have also shown that the "Rooneys" can be beaten (right, moon frog?). I root harder for Arsenal than any other team except maybe the A's.

New Orleans at Chicago
I mentioned my "soft spot" for the Saints and how I wasn't sure why. I still feel it. Maybe I just have those bad feelings for the Bears stemming from the Ditka/Fridge days as well. Maybe its the history of losing by the Saints that I don't mind seeing reversed? I might not feel the same way if I was viewing this as "city vs. city", but as far as the NFL football teams go, I'm rooting for the Saints.

New England at Indy
Hatred for New England and all the breaks they get, rules and calls in their favor, you name it, I hate New England for it. Besides, I find nothing wrong with "original" England anyway. Feelings for Indy... not so strong. For Peyton Manning? Really, its all because he tends to choke in the big moments more than hatred. You just don't trust him. Well, maybe his face is on too many damn commercials, too. I may find myself rooting for 25 of the 32 teams to beat Indy, but I have thought about it and can't think of ANY team I'd prefer to see lose to New England. Not even Dallas - but to be fair, if New England and Dallas were playing I'd be rooting for catastrophic destruction of the stadium and both teams while sparing the innocent non-fans of either who happened to be there.

On a side note, maybe someday getting a whole post of its own, I heard a guy on the radio yesterday (I think it was Rod Brooks on KNBR)say that if the Bears and Indy won, he would want to be in Miami for the Super Bowl to witness the historic event for himself. What historic event was he talking about? It would be the first time that two black head coaches met each other in the super bowl. Now folks, as long as the color of someone's skin is "a story", you can never escape the subtle race bias and obvious racism in society. The color of the coaches skin should not be an issue. Stop making it one.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Sat Jan 20, 02:38:00 PM, Blogger Moon Frog said...

I agree with most of you picks..I posted mine below but in the wrong spot.....
Since you did not post a new blog for the weekend...or did you.? I am going to put in my weekend pics.
As you know...my picks are from the heart not from the head.
I pick the following to win:
Arsenal, Gunners
CUFC Skittles
Chicago Bears
Indy Colts

WTF was the guy on KNBR talking about?!?! I sure hope no one makes that an issue. I will vomit if they do. Maybe that's why (I heard)Catie Couric is doing a pregame show. I didn't even know the 'colors' of the coaches skin! Sheeze

 
At Sat Jan 20, 04:49:00 PM, Blogger MoonHopper said...

THEY'RE NOT PICKS. I stopped picking 'cause I suck at it.

 
At Sun Jan 21, 06:53:00 AM, Blogger Moon Frog said...

Ok, I agree with your NON pick picks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home