SportsRandom

Reading sports blogs has ruined sports for me. Just like becoming a cop ruined cop shows for me. I used to enjoy watching and reading about sports. Now I watch hoping someone will screw up, or do something strange, so I can rip them. First in my own mind... now in a blog of my own, so I can talk about whatever I please. Here's hoping I can contribute to someone else looking for all the fault in the world surrounding the sports we love.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sunday Sports...What Sucks, Part 2

I watched the first half of the MLS Championship game. American pro soccer has a long way to go. Scoreless first half, which will not attract the casual American fan, who wants OFFENSE!!!! But it will not attract the soccer aficionado either, since we (yeah, I'm going to say I'm one) demand quality play. In the first half, I saw NO sustained attacks ending in a good offensive chance. Pass, pass, long pass intercepted was about 90% of the game. And that's only if they got two passes first. I actually saw a dribbler surrounded, make a good decision to back pass to a wide open defender who was 30 yards clear of an opponent, and he chose to blast a first touch long pass to...the opposition. As the camera followed the flight of the ball I even saw the four wide open teammates he COULD have passed to.

And unfortunately, the TV commentary (including recent US National Coach Bruce Arena, who I hate) kept saying stupid things like, "These two teams are taking some time feeling each other out" into the 40th minute. Like they haven't played each other 42 times in the past year or so. Sorry guys, but what it really is...American soccer is not "world class" yet, and its boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home