SportsRandom

Reading sports blogs has ruined sports for me. Just like becoming a cop ruined cop shows for me. I used to enjoy watching and reading about sports. Now I watch hoping someone will screw up, or do something strange, so I can rip them. First in my own mind... now in a blog of my own, so I can talk about whatever I please. Here's hoping I can contribute to someone else looking for all the fault in the world surrounding the sports we love.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Picking games

I skipped the Thursday game, and I am so glad. I had no reason to watch or pay attention for any reason whatsoever. Instead I saved my considerable forecasting talents for the important weekend games in the quest for the perfect week. And in case you are wondering, I'm gonna take credit for perfection without picking that dumb Thursday game. 15 games is still good enough. Just like the bye weeks. On to my superior selections:

Oakland at Cincy
This is a good sign. The first game of the week is possibly the easiest game to pick all year. Cincy's defense is hot, giving up a total of 7 points in two weeks. If it were possible, they could hold the Raiders to minus points. Cincy should win this one.

Minnesota at Detroit
Lead off the schedule with the two worst teams in football. It would be nicer if one of the better teams were up against Detroit, but I'll manage to pick Minnesota in this one.

Baltimore at Kansas City
So much for breezing through a bunch of easy picks. I wish this one was at Baltimore. I'm all about K.C. at home. Somehow I can never seem to get behind Baltimore 100%. Maybe its the constant lack of offense. K.C. should beat Baltimore.

New England at Miami
Don't care but just enough to pick New England.

Atlanta at Tampa Bay
Atlanta may be back on track. Tampa still sucks. Atlanta to win.

Philly at Wash.
Philly magically won last week, so I'm guessing that the Jeff Garcia experience continues in an upbeat mode. That means Philly should win.

New York Giants at Carolina
Two teams who really have been trying to lose every game. The Giants are much better at that. The one thing they have going for them. Carolina intercepts Eli 7 times and wins the game.

Indy at Jax
Do you realize how many keystrokes I save by abbreviating these two teams in this way? Jax is crushing good teams and losing to crap. Typical. Makes it hard to forecast a winner in a Jax game. I think I've missed more of theirs than any team but Dallas, and that's because I hate Dallas and ALWAYS pick against them. Excuses, excuses...for picking Jax to win this game.

Tennessee at Houston
Their records are only 1 game apart. Throw out the records. Tennessee should handle Houston. Vince Young is hot.

Seattle at Arizona
Oh good. Back to a good team playing crappy one. I was getting tired of having to think to make picks. Seattle to win.

Green Bay at San Francisco
Thinking.... Ok, just go with the home team. San Francisco should win. Ummm, score of 20-17. How's that?

Buffalo at New York Jets
I am becoming a Jets believer. Then I see Pennington still at QB and I waver. They do have a shot to make the playoffs and lose in round one. Oh well. Jets should defeat the Bills in this one.

Denver at San Diego
Wow. San Diego...really good, but playing closer games than they should. Denver, really good...or they were, but then changed QB's, and now....well they will struggle for a few weeks at least, until new QB gets some experience. In this game, he will experience the grass. San Diego to win.

New Orleans at Dallas
The Saints are my hope for redemption. Go forth to Dallas and trod upon the Cowboys. New Orleans has really been on top of their game, and Reggie Bush suddenly decided he CAN play in the NFL. Just hold onto the ball, Reggie. Just hold onto the ball.... New Orleans should beat Dallas.

Chicago at St. Louis
Hee hee. Started with and easy one, ending with an easy one. The signs are there for the perfect week. I feel good about this. Except for that one game. Or maybe two of them. Three? No matter. This one will feature Chicago winning.

Think positively. If we work together we can do anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home