SportsRandom

Reading sports blogs has ruined sports for me. Just like becoming a cop ruined cop shows for me. I used to enjoy watching and reading about sports. Now I watch hoping someone will screw up, or do something strange, so I can rip them. First in my own mind... now in a blog of my own, so I can talk about whatever I please. Here's hoping I can contribute to someone else looking for all the fault in the world surrounding the sports we love.

Friday, January 26, 2007

No football week

Without football this week, I've decided to talk about...football. Briefly.


  • Lane Kiffin. Who? Is that his name? Where did he come from? Hey, someone actually DID NOT hire an old re-tread loser coach. My prediction: Raiders improve 5 games minimum (that's 7 wins, Raider fans).


  • NFL NEWS ALERTS: "KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Kansas City Chiefs said Friday they had agreed to terms on a two-year contract with offensive lineman Ramiro Pruneda, who led Monterrey Tech to four Mexican national championships.
    Several print and television reporters from Pruneda's home town of Monterrey were on hand to see the 6-6, 317-pounder introduced at a formal news conference. Named three times as the best offensive lineman in Mexico, he was supposed to play in NFL-Europe last year but pulled out because of a knee injury." Someone needs to just make sure that there's only one guy in his uniform when he crosses the border.
  • "Harris says Tomlin hiring shows NFL's racial progress
    Associated Press

    PITTSBURGH -- Franco Harris remembers the day it would have been a big deal that the Pittsburgh Steelers hired a black coach..."
  • That's the headline and first sentence. Can you fill in the rest on your own? Would it surprise you to find out that the word "black" in describing people was used 11 times in the short article? Yeah, it sure is no longer a big deal what a person's skin color is.

  • Yeah, if you checked, two of my three "hope-they-win" teams actually won last week. Arsenal/ManU and Indy/NewE were very fun to watch, too. Can the Super Bowl live up to what I now have as an expectation?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home