SportsRandom

Reading sports blogs has ruined sports for me. Just like becoming a cop ruined cop shows for me. I used to enjoy watching and reading about sports. Now I watch hoping someone will screw up, or do something strange, so I can rip them. First in my own mind... now in a blog of my own, so I can talk about whatever I please. Here's hoping I can contribute to someone else looking for all the fault in the world surrounding the sports we love.

Monday, December 11, 2006

The Last pick re-cap episode (until the next one)

I think there is a conspiracy in the NFL this year. Teams start kicking ass all over the field, I think they are unbeatable, then they lay eggs against the meek. And those meek. One day they can't beat the middle school all stars, then they roll off three in a row against playoff contenders. All in a grand design to keep me down, man.

Oakland at Cincy - CORRECT
"Cincy should win this one."
Too easy. Lets move on.

Minnesota at Detroit - CORRECT
"I'll manage to pick Minnesota in this one."
Not really any tougher to pick this one.

Baltimore at Kansas City - WRONG
"K.C. should beat Baltimore."
Shocking, just shocking. I have no real excuse for this one. Well, it was a tough game to pick, so I'm not that bad for missing it, at least I got the next one right. Uh, I did, didn't I?

New England at Miami - WRONG
"Don't care but just enough to pick New England."
What the frickin' crud happened here? Someone needs to explain how these games can happen. Just when you think a team is "something" they aren't. And when you think they are "nothing" they are.

Atlanta at Tampa Bay - CORRECT
"Atlanta may be back on track. Tampa still sucks. Atlanta to win."
Was this a defensive battle or a "lack of offense" battle?

Philly at Wash. - CORRECT
"That means Philly should win."
Jeff Garcia for MVP!

New York Giants at Carolina - WRONG
"Carolina intercepts Eli 7 times and wins the game."
Eli: THREE TD's, ZERO Interceptions. Who saw this one coming?

Indy at Jax - CORRECT
"...for picking Jax to win this game."
This one I feel good about. Indy has some serious issues stopping the run. This will hurt them (see how smart I am?)

Tennessee at Houston - CORRECT
"Tennessee should handle Houston. Vince Young is hot."
And who scored the winning touchdown in O.T.? Who? Yeah, that's right, Vince Young did. Vince Young for MVP!

Seattle at Arizona - WRONG
"Oh good. Back to a good team playing crappy one. I was getting tired of having to think to make picks. Seattle to win."
Well I missed it. Matt Leinart follows Vince Young into the winners column. This result just adds another layer of mediocrity to the NFC.

Green Bay at San Francisco - WRONG
"San Francisco should win."
The Niners resort to their ever cute losing ways. Just when I actually thought (for a change) they might win.

Buffalo at New York Jets - WRONG
"I am becoming a Jets believer. Then I see Pennington still at QB and I waver. They do have a shot to make the playoffs and lose in round one. Oh well. Jets should defeat the Bills in this one."
I am officially off the Jets bandwagon. Does Buffalo have a bandwagon yet?

Denver at San Diego - CORRECT
"San Diego to win."
San Diego is clearly the team to beat. Until they choke one up like everyone has. But until then....

New Orleans at Dallas - CORRECT
"New Orleans should beat Dallas."
This was one enjoyable game to watch. New Orleans kicked Dallas' ASS. Best part... N.O. play called no T.D., N.O. challenges a call, wins the challenge and thusly has a T.D., then the ON SIDES KICK is recovered and then a bomb for another T.D. to just deflate the Cowboys. Well, Parcells didn't deflate, he is still full of hot air.

Chicago at St. Louis - CORRECT
"This one will feature Chicago winning."
And we end on a high note. As do the Bears. Decent thrashing of the Rams. Just still too many "non offense" points make them look better than they are, and the Rams were able to move the ball.....

9 right and 7 wrong this week. Not too darn good. I quit. 50 and 42 since I started keeping track. If anyone out there has picked worse than me, can you please let me know. I need to feel better about myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home