SportsRandom

Reading sports blogs has ruined sports for me. Just like becoming a cop ruined cop shows for me. I used to enjoy watching and reading about sports. Now I watch hoping someone will screw up, or do something strange, so I can rip them. First in my own mind... now in a blog of my own, so I can talk about whatever I please. Here's hoping I can contribute to someone else looking for all the fault in the world surrounding the sports we love.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Baseball... oh its about time.

Since the new baseball season is upon us, I feel the need to predict. If things are like they should be, I will be as good at this as I was at picking football games. My edge is that I have not paid attention to anything baseball related that really matters in the past 5 months. Oh I know that Frank Thomas left the A's and went to... I think... the Blue Jays. I know that Barry Zito died in a surfing accident. Or joined the Giants... either way. I know that the Diamondbacks signed Randy Johnson and redesigned their uniforms. I know other stuff, too, but none of it really tells me what is going to happen this season. But since "the experts" are always wrong about what's going to happen after doing thousands of hours of research and analyzing relative humidity as it applies to pitching rubber grip and ball/strike ratios of non-american born relief pitchers with somewhat wavy light brown hair...I have as good a chance of being right as anyone. So its on to what I see happening in baseball this year:

Ok, get these first few out of the way.

1) The A's will win the World Series.

2) The Yankees will suck

3) The Red Sox will suck

4) Barry Bonds will suck

Now, some new ones for this year:

5) Something will happen this year that has never happened before.

6) There will be a no-hitter on May 12th.

7) There will be a series freak accidents where foul balls will seem to target fans wearing pink team hats.

8) A player will come up with a novel new way of drawing attention to himself.

9) Rich Harden will win the Cy Young.

10) Nick Swisher will have fun playing the game.

11) Barry Zito will not perform as well as last year.

12) Besides the A's, playoff teams will be: Blue Jays, Indians, Yankees (even though they suck), D-Backs, Brewers, Braves, Padres.

13) No more than three of my predictions will happen... unless one is this one.

I'll check back in a few months and see how I did.

PLAY BALL!!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home