SportsRandom

Reading sports blogs has ruined sports for me. Just like becoming a cop ruined cop shows for me. I used to enjoy watching and reading about sports. Now I watch hoping someone will screw up, or do something strange, so I can rip them. First in my own mind... now in a blog of my own, so I can talk about whatever I please. Here's hoping I can contribute to someone else looking for all the fault in the world surrounding the sports we love.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year (personal version, skip it if you're only here for the sports)

I'm looking up at 2007. I paraphrase from Dream Theater:

Life is short
So learn from your mistakes
And stand behind
The choices that you make

Face each day
With both eyes open wide
And try to give
Don't keep it all inside

You've got the future on your side
You're gonna be fine now
You're ready to begin
Don't let a day go by in doubt
The answer lies within.

**

I've shed enough tears this year, but I can't say I won't shed more.

To those people who stood by me, Thank You and I Love You, for you are the reasons I was able to keep it together. Even though my "posse" may be small, it is powerful, as evidenced by how I would feel before and then after talking it out with any one of them. I won't hesitate to tell you what you mean to me this year (not that I failed to do that this year, mind you).

To anyone out there who I may have wronged in some way, I'm sorry. If you come to me I will say it to you personally. Now let's see if those who have wronged me will do the same. Speaking of... A special note to them: I have never been treated so poorly, and subjected to as much baseless contempt and dishonesty as I was by you. You have no integrity and no future as honorable people. If you have a conscience, listen to it and do what is right for once. It'll save me the trouble. Someday, who you really are, and what you did, will be known in a way that will affect you, and then may you suffer as I have. Remember, it’s only a secret if only you know it. But if as I might suspect, you can't even be honest with yourselves, then just know that I will always be a better person than you.

Day one has begun...

1 Comments:

At Mon Jan 01, 06:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were right...it did make me tear up. I really think you said it ALL right here. Life will get better from here on out. I truely believe in Karma and that's how I try to live my life.
I'll always be here for you!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home