SportsRandom

Reading sports blogs has ruined sports for me. Just like becoming a cop ruined cop shows for me. I used to enjoy watching and reading about sports. Now I watch hoping someone will screw up, or do something strange, so I can rip them. First in my own mind... now in a blog of my own, so I can talk about whatever I please. Here's hoping I can contribute to someone else looking for all the fault in the world surrounding the sports we love.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Re-capping my lousy picks once again.

I think this is my 9th week doing this. It’s all just a warm-up for the REAL picks. The ones that count. The playoffs. Then I will really be on my game. For now, for what its worth, who cares, how'd I do?

Minnesota at Green Bay - CORRECT
"...Green Bay should win."
And so they did in a manner which caused several inadvertent napping sessions to break out all over the country since this was a nationally televised game.

Kansas City at Oakland - CORRECT
"This game is OIL. KC to win."
Anyone out there pick Oakland? Anyone?

Carolina at Atlanta - WRONG
"Atlanta to win."
Jeez. 94 yards passing (with two INT's) and 8 whole first downs by Atlanta against a Carolina team that would have had trouble defeating its cheerleaders the past few weeks.

Tennessee at Buffalo - WRONG
"Buffalo to win."
Tennessee remains on a hot streak (MHS) and Buffalo died. The Titans can still make the playoffs and I think it would be cool, and scary for opponents. They need to win and have Denver lose, and Cincy lose, and K.C. would have to win, and I think the Cubs would need to win the World Series, too.

Tampa Bay at Cleveland - CORRECT
"Tampa should win this one."
Call it the Ex-Niner Factor. Tim Rattay, winning QB. See also Philly & Jeff Garcia. If you have an ex-niner starting at QB, you will win.

Chicago at Detroit - CORRECT
"Chicago will win this game."
Yes, but again, wayyyyy to close. Chicago will die in the playoffs.

Washington at St Louis - WRONG
"I will not be watching Washington win the game."
Doesn't that sound like I'm NOT picking Washington? Like, I'm not going to watch Washington win, uh, because I think they are going to lose? No? See how if I only give you the last sentence I can take things out of context later. Sort of like claiming to be misquoted in an autobiography. I need to pick all my games in a vague double meaning way from now on.

New Orleans at NY Giants - CORRECT
"WAKE UP New Orleans. Ahh, the Giants. That should do the trick."
Eli Manning: 9 for 25 for 74 yards. Factoring in sacks, the Giants had 59 yards passing. Oh yeah, just two minutes into the game, Eli threw a 55 yard TD pass. the Giants had a net of FOUR YARDS PASSING the rest of the game. Never took a snap over the 50 yard line in the whole game. This is Raider-level anti-quality playing. And to top it all off, the Giants still have a shot to make the playoffs as an 8-8 team.

Baltimore at Pittsburgh - CORRECT
"Baltimore wins."
Another EASY pick.

New England at Jacksonville - WRONG
"Jax to win."
Okay I missed it, but it was only a three point win. Wrong, but not horribly so.

Indy at Houston - WRONG
"Indy to win."
Indy just proved itself to be the worst good team ever. You can't really expect to contend in the playoffs when you lose to a team like this. Bad Indy.

Arizona at San Francisco - WRONG
"If the Niners are true to form, they will win this game."
And just when I thought the Niners might be on to something....

Cincinnati at Denver - WRONG
"Anyway, I think Cincy will win this one"
So Denver seems to be getting it together with the rookie QB just in time for the playoffs, which they seem really likely to make now. But really, Cincy blows a sure tie with less than a minute to go by blowing a PAT? Whatever.

San Diego at Seattle - CORRECT
"San Diego wins this game."
Normally if you beat a division winner on the road you've accomplished something. Not so here. San Diego wins by only three, dropping the NFC West champs to 8-7. San Diego IS the team to beat. Super Bowl favorites as we speak.

Philly at Dallas - CORRECT
"Stuff a Cowboy loss in my stocking, please. I've been a very good boy. Dear Santa, Philly to win."
I was clearly on the good side of Santa's list. Let that be known to some of the "former" people no longer in my life. I'm good, and you suck.

NY Jets at Miami - CORRECT
"...Hopefully there will be Christmas pudding with brandy butter, and mince pies.... Jets wear green, so Jets will win."
There was, and they did. Christmas Day was really good to me. If I get around to this weeks picks, I will break down how the Jets can make the playoffs. That's a joke, they are in with a win this week. So they are in. They play the Raiders.

Another 9-7 week for me. Not too good, really. Of course if I was in the NFC, I'd be a sure playoff team with that record. 68-56 overall, meaning with just 2 correct picks this week, I can do no worse than .500 for my inaugural pickishness. Considering that the Raiders and Lions both still play, there's my two right there.

See ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home