SportsRandom

Reading sports blogs has ruined sports for me. Just like becoming a cop ruined cop shows for me. I used to enjoy watching and reading about sports. Now I watch hoping someone will screw up, or do something strange, so I can rip them. First in my own mind... now in a blog of my own, so I can talk about whatever I please. Here's hoping I can contribute to someone else looking for all the fault in the world surrounding the sports we love.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

One of those bugs again

Basketball fouls, what’s up with that... Okay, I was watching a college game today and I saw a foul. A stupid, why-is-it-a-foul foul. Dude catches ball, shoots, and after he lets the ball go, a defender, just a little late, touches his wrist, or hand. Anyway, in no way whatsoever did this act by the defender affect the shot. The shot actually made it, and here is the referee calling a foul cause the guy hit the other dudes arm, not the ball. Can someone tell me what the foul is here? I get it that if you hit the guy and affect his shot to the point that he misses, it’s a foul. I get that. But, ummm, nothing the defender did affected the shot; it was not harmful, malicious, or flagrant. He was bit late and touched the guy. Whoopie.

Same game, dude goes for a layup, and a defender touches the ball when it was on the way down toward the rim. Ball goes in anyway, and although it WOULD have been a goaltending call, the shot was good, so like no harm, no foul.

Basketball has some of the most stupid, idiotic fouls in all of sports. You can legally flatten a guy on a screen, no foul. You can beat each other to death trying to get "position", no foul. Look funny at a guy who is shooting...FOUL.

Thank you for letting me rant for a moment.

Oh yeah, don't get me started on traveling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home