SportsRandom

Reading sports blogs has ruined sports for me. Just like becoming a cop ruined cop shows for me. I used to enjoy watching and reading about sports. Now I watch hoping someone will screw up, or do something strange, so I can rip them. First in my own mind... now in a blog of my own, so I can talk about whatever I please. Here's hoping I can contribute to someone else looking for all the fault in the world surrounding the sports we love.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Last warmup before playoff picks

The apparent meaningful trend for this week is strong playoff bound teams playing weaklings. It may not bode well for these playoff teams to have an unchallenging game just before the playoffs lest they get too relaxed. This therefore looks good for those playoff bound teams that have a worthy final week opponent, like New England, then maybe Baltimore with Buffalo being on a roll of late. That's it. Jax and K.C. play each other with the winner having only a chance of making the playoffs so if one of them does make it, put them in the tough-opponent-in-the-last-week category as well. The rest of the playoff teams either play a total weakling, or they play at home against a semi-weakling.

Of course, after this week's games, I wil give my predicions for who I think will make the playoffs. I think I will do very well with those predictions.

On to this week's picks:

NY Giants at Washington
Roll a turd out onto FedEx Field. Then watch the Redskins step in it and wipe their feet. Now watch the actual game. You won't see much difference. Washington to win.

Pitts at Cincy
Cincy has a chance to make the playoffs with a win, but this is the bad decision team of the year and it all comes together in the last game where they choke their chance away to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh really needs to win this one to salvage their post championship year, and Pittburgh will win to do just that.

Detroit at Dallas
Screw it, Dallas will win.

New England at Tennessee
Here's the deal, Tennessee keeps winning. In different ways, all close, but winning. Too late for this year, but next year...look out. Tennessee will win this game.

Jax at K.C.
A Jax special. Collapse on the road against a good team. K.C. to win.

St. Louis at Minnesota
Ummm, who cares, Part 1. Even though with a win St Louis might make the playoffs. Maybe they will. They will win this game.

Carolina at New Orleans
New Orleans finishes strong, but against Carolina, who wouldn't?

Oakland at NY Jets
*Laughing too hard to tell you that the Jets will win*

Seattle at Tampa Bay
Seattle: Weakest division winner ever. At least they win this one to finish over .500.

Cleveland at Houston
Who cares, Part 2. Not even playing for the first pick in the draft. That's how boring this one is going to be. Houston will win.

San Francisco at Denver
Denver to win. I can't talk about the Niners anymore. They have done me wrong all year.

Miami at Indy
Indy will win for the last time this year.

Atlanta at Philly
Philly to win; just too good as of late as they roll with Jeff Garcia into the playoffs.

Arizona at San Diego
San Diego will win, but I hope they forget this one as soon as its over.

Buffalo at Baltimore
Baltimore will relax just enough to give Buffalo a chance, but in the end, Baltimore is just too good to lose this one.

Green Bay at Chicago
The only reason this will possible be close is because Chicago has no offense. Chicago to win.

There you have it folks. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home